Summer is coming, and with it, the heat. There’s nothing better than this light dinner of tuna-stuffed eggs to beat it. This is our favorite flavor combination, although the possibilities are endless, for both the filling and the decoration. This recipe keeps well in the fridge so it’s ideal for preparing in advance.
Ingredients (4 pax.)
- 8 organics eggs.
- 2 small cans of plain tuna.
- 3 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- 1 red pepper for decoration (optional).
- 8 unstuffed olives (e.g. anchovies) for decoration and more flavor.
For the eggless mayonnaise:
- First, cook the eggs with a spoonful of salt. After 10 minutes, remove them and leave them to cool.
- Next, peel them and cut them in half lengthwise. Scoop out the yolks and place them in a bowl. Reserve the egg whites.
- Prepare the mayonnaise (gently beat the milk with the olive oil and a pinch of salt until emulsified, then add the vinegar, and you now have mayonnaise).
- In the bowl with the egg yolks, add the tuna, 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise and the tomato paste.
- Mix all of the ingredients well until you get a smooth paste. You can blend the filling if you want it smoother.
- Next, spoon the mixture into the egg white halves. Put a whole egg yolk amount in each half.
- Cover the eggs with a thin layer of mayonnaise and decorate with slices of pepper and olives.