Quality is the primary value of Goya Spain’s olive oils and olives. This quality is perfectly endorsed by international certifications, official tasting panels, and competitions and prizes awarded by consumer organizations.
Goya Spain has different International Certifications
Goya Spain’s Quality Assurance and Food Safety Management System is based on a policy that involves the entire human team in the process of continues improvement (See Quality Assurance and Food Safety Management Policy).
This system, certified since 2005 in ISO 9001 Standard– a worldwide quality benchmark- guarantees the confidence of our customers as well as end consumers, and has been verified year after year since 2012, obtaining the highest scores in the most demanding and prestigious international hygienic-sanitary and food safety certification standards: British Retail Consortium Global Standards (BRCGS) and International Feature Standards Food (IFS Food).
Since 2021, GOYA® SPAIN is committed to continuous environmental improvement, and believes that an Environmental Management System certified in ISO 14001 Standard is the best tool to achieve it (See Environmental Policy).
A responsible supply chain guarantees the environmental commitment of GOYA® SPAIN in each of the links, including actions of suppliers, distributors, contractors…
Environmental Communication – Interested Parties
GOYA SPAIN bets for a continuous improvement of the environmental performance, with the aim of reducing and/or eliminating environmental impacts derived from its activity:
- Process and products life cycles are considered.
- Environmental operational control are carried out in order to take care of legal compliance and the maintenance of environmental aspects and impacts in an acceptable magnitude order.
- An Emergency Plan is available to act correct and safely against possible environmental emergencies, in case it is needed.
- Information regarding identified significant environmental aspects and environmental performance, is available for every interested part that may like to request it (email@example.com).
Quality Assurance, Food Safety and Environmental Management System from GOYA SPAIN includes the following scope:
- Production of ambient stable green olives (whole, pitted, stuffed with pepper, and jalapeño, sliced and broken) packaged in glass jars and pasteurized
- Mix of olives and pickles (capers and pepper) packaged in glass jars and pasteurized. Production (filtration and coupage) and packaging of olive oil in glass bottles, PET and cans.
- Packaging of dry grains (corn, beans, peas, and quinoa) in plastic bags. Affecting the facilities located in Alcalá de Guadaira (Seville) and its area of influence.
Its aim is to clearly define the company’s management, defining:
- The context, the interested parties and their needs and expectations.
- The risks and opportunities related to its environmental, quality, and food safety aspects, legal requirements, and other mandatory requirements related to relevant needs and expectations.
- Planned actions to prevent and reduce the undesirable effects of those risks.
All this is intended to ensure a Quality, Food Safety and Environmental Management System that achieves the expected results and maintains a continuous improvement.
- Kosher certified. Since 2006, Goya Spain has had the Kosher certification for quality control of its products, issued by the Rabbinate of Madrid. Likewise, since 2020 it also has the Orthodox Union quality control certification for oils.
- C-TPAT. Security standard implemented in the US to protect the entire distribution chain, thus preventing international trade movements from serving as a tool for terrorism and illegal trafficking.
- USDA Organic Products Certification that protects the authenticity of Goya® Organics, certifies that products are organic, with the corresponding seal on the label.
- JAS Certification. Certificate granted to Goya® Organics products by the Japanese Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry, and Fisheries.
- CAAE. European certificate granted by the Organic Production certification entity.
Along with the certifications, the work of Goya Spain is recognized by the most demanding international markets, as evidenced by its Quality Seals, among which the following stand out:
ChefsBest. American seal that identifies and pays tribute to the best-tasting food products to support the companies that manufacture them. Outside of this concept, ChefsBest is an organization that also provides assistance to consumers, who they see as professional chefs, teaching them to discover the flavor that food should have. The Goya® family of products has obtained this seal continuously since 2007, and from 2014 to the present with the “Excellence” category.
NAOOA. Quality seals for olive oils granted by the North American Olive Oil Association. This seal of quality is the only olive oil certification that collects samples from off-the-shelf and tests them to see the full range of purity parameters in the global commercial standards established by the International Olive Council (IOC), an Authoritative organization recognized for over 50 years as the worldwide standard quality setting body for the olive oil industry.
Laur Konsumenta. The“Consumer´s Laurel” seal is a unique award, as it is awarded to the most prestigious brands and products, but above all, it is an expression of recognition and popularity among Polish consumers. For customers, it is an excellent determinant for decision-related purchases. This seal of quality selects the product in which customers place their trust. Goya® products have obtained this seal annually since 2011.
iTQi. The International Taste and Quality Institute (iTQi), based in Brussels, is the leading organization dedicated to tasting and promoting superior tasting food products. Since 2012 Goya® products have been awarded the “Superior Taste Award” seal of quality.