Ideas for cooking on Thanksgiving Day
Thanksgiving Day is coming. Although the protagonist is the turkey, today we will show you the perfect accompaniments to cook that special day.
One of the accompaniments are mashed potatoes. This recipe, perfect accompaniment for the turkey, is adapted to all palates. Some people prefer it thicker, creamier … It all depends on the cooking of the potatoes and the rest of ingredients: olive oil, butter or cream. Here we show you the Olive Oil mashed potatoes recipe.
You can cook sweet potatoes roasted with spices. Once cleaned, we will peel them and cut into dices. We put them on a baking tray and will add extra virgin olive oil and a mixture of spices and aromatic herbs. We will roast and we will have our plate ready.
For sauces and dressings we love the cranberry sauce, that we will elaborate with a 200 gr. of cranberries, the juice of one orange, 80 ml of white wine and 2 tablespoons of sugar, salt and pepper. Once the wine has evaporated, we will liquefy and will serve.
As desserts, we present you a classic Thanksgiving day dessert: The Pumpkin Pie.
Look at the recipe:
- 150 gr. of broken pasta.
- 500 gr. of pumpkin.
- 50 ml. of liquid cream.
- 60 grs. of brown sugar.
- 2 eggs.
- 80 grs. of sugar.
- 3 cloves.
- 1 tip of ginger.
- Cinnamon powder.
- Stretch the dough and line into a round mold with the pasta.
- Peel and cut the pumpkin into pieces.
- Cook it with the water, sugar, grated nutmeg, a finely ginger tip, the cloves and the brown sugar, until the pumpkin is soft.
- Once cooked, remove the cloves and grind the preparation with the eggs, the liquid cream and the rest of the sugar.
- Beat until you get a very homogeneous cream.
- Fill the mold with the baked pasta with this cream and place in the oven at 392 F for 30 minutes.
- We will serve pumpkin pie spread with apricot jam and top with raspberry sauce and a pinch of cinnamon powder. Delicious!!!!