New York Cheesecake
New York Cheesecake is one of the most common desserts with cheese in the world. Although the original recipe is with cream cheese, there are many variants that use cottage cheese and lemon to give it more texture and flavor or eggs and egg yolk to give it more consistency.
Ingredients (10 pax.)
- We will crush the cookies and we´ll add the olive oil.
- We will add the scoop of vanilla essence and nuts.
- We will take the cookies mixture and we´ll distribute it through the base of a large removable mold, 22 cm in diameter.
- We will preheat the oven 10 minutes at about 356º F (180º C) to harden.
- We will remove the mold and let it cool to fill with the cream cheese.
- We lower the temperature of the oven to 302ºF (150º C) while we prepare the cream.
- We will beat the eggs and sugar until it will be a frothy and somewhat whitish mixture. We will add the cream cheese, the liquid cream, the Greek yogurt and the tablespoons of pastry flour.
- We will beat until its complete dissolution because the mixture should be homogeneous and without any lumps.
- Pour on the base of cookies that will already be crispy and bake at 392 ºF (200ºC) for 10 minutes.
- Put some aluminum foil on top so it does not get too brown, so it will not burn.
- After this time we lower the temperature to 356 ºF (180º C) and leave about 60 more minutes.
- We will turn off the oven and let cool. We will put in the fridge and let cool in the refrigerator until the next day.
- We will add the jam with 2 tablespoons of water.
- Warm up gently until a syrup forms.
- Remove from the heat and in the same container where the cheese cake is already cold we will pour the syrup evenly.
- We will allow to cool several hours until serving time. We can accompany it with whipped cream or ice cream.