Why should we include olives in our diet?
Olives unite the four basic flavors (sweet, salty, bitter, and sour), and can therefore be used in a great range of recipes and dishes, from appetizers and salads, to pizza, pasta, fish, and meat.
With regard to their consumption, experts in nutrition from SEDCA (Spanish Society of Dietetics and Food Science) recommend include olives eating 25 grams a day, which is about 7 olives.
And olives have important properties to look after our body. Do you know what they are?
The benefits of olives
- As noted by Interaceituna, olives have cardiovascular benefits and reduce LDL (‘bad’) cholesterol and increase HDL (‘good’) cholesterol thanks to their oleic acid and strong presence of oleate (monounsaturated fatty acid).
- They are rich sodium and in vitamins A and E, one of the most important as it protects us from oxidative damage to cells.
- They improve digestive transit due to their fiber content.
- Olives are a source of iron. Black olives, specifically, contain up to 45.5% of the recommended daily iron intake.
- They contain calcium to look after bones.
At Goya Spain we offer a wide range of preparations of our olives (from table olives, black olives, and specially stuffed, to our range of reduced sodium olives and capers), to bring healthy flavor to you dishes. What are you waiting for?
Discover Goya olives. Taste and Tradition at your table.