Homemade Mayonnaise Recipe!
This creamy and smooth cold sauce is prepared by beating an egg, olive oil and a little vinegar, salt and pepper.
It is used as salad dressing, or combined with seafood, poultry, eggs or vegetables to make cold entrees or main dishes. For those who love more intense flavors, just by adding chopped garlic we can transform the mayonnaise into a tasty aoli sauce to accompany steamed fish and vegetables.
- 2 egg yolks.
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard.
- 3 teaspoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- 225 ml GOYA® Olive Oil.
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Separate the yolks from the egg whites.
- Place the yolks with 1 teaspoon of mustard and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice in a mixing bowl.
- Mix these ingredients until they have a homogeneous consistency.
- Add GOYA® Olive Oil little by little in a continuous thread.
- Add the rest of the lemon juice at the end, salt and black pepper to taste.