Fried tomato sauce
The fried tomato sauce is perfect as a complement to other recipes: vegetables, pasta, pizza, fish, chicken … or even alone with a good piece of bread.
Ingredients (4 pax):
- 3 k of ripe tomatoes.
- 3 large red peppers.
- 1 green pepper.
- 2 cloves of garlic.
- 2 small cayenas.
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste).
- 1 spoon of sugar.
- 150 ml. GOYA® Unico Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- 3 large onions.
- Wash and cut tomatoes and peppers.
- Peel and cut the onions and the clove of garlic in 2 pieces. We reserve.
- Add GOYA® Unico Extra Virgin Olive Oil. to a pot. Add the onions, two whole cayenas and cook over medium heat.
- Once the onion is cooked, add the peppers and tomatoes to the pot.
- Remove carefully mixing all the vegetables so that they go together all their flavor.
- When it begins to release liquid and bubbles, lower it to medium heat, cooking for 30 minutes.
- Pass the mixture through a food mill.
- Then, will put the obtained sauce again on medium heat, adding salt, pepper and sugar.
- Let the sauce reduce liquid little by little, stirring it.
- We will leave the sauce to cool and when it is warm it can be packed in glass containers and then heated in a bain-marie.